Your 30's are the perfect time to build a simple core wardrobe while also experimenting with trend-driven items. ~InStyle

Friday, January 8, 2010

Picks of the Week.







While I didn't see the show, I have definitely seen the pics from this event all over the net, and therefore decided to post my top five picks, of the dresses (and just over all look) that most caught my eye.....enjoy!!!










Taraji looks so beautiful in this color and flow of the dress. The cinched waist looks fab with the one shoulder. It looks really comfy on your skin too!












Ginnifer Goodwin almost never disappoints me with her style sense. Love her pixie, and the dress looks fabulous on her....I would wear this one too.







Though her stance looks a little awkward in the pick (to me anyway), Sandra looks good in this length and cut. Nice style and good pick for this type of awards show.







This was my favorite dress on Miss Queen Latifa...she looks gorgeous!




This one that Demi Lavato is wearing is definitely something I would wear. Love the color, the length, the ruffles, and the bodice to show off her curves! She did a nice job with her statement necklace too.












Here are couple of runner ups for me....


Leah Michele looks great in the red, and I actually like that she kept it simple and went with out a necklace.


all photos courtesy of Daily mail/Picapp.com/Huffington post/Getty images

Carrie looks beautiful, and while the skirt of the dress is not necessarily my style, I am LOVING those heels!!!



Happy Friday to you all, and I want to leave all you readers with something to take with you in thought this weekend. This was sent to me, I of course sent it on to many women that are important to me, and that I wanted to give some extra encouragement and empowerment to. I really want to share it with all of you as well (women and men, it truly applies to both) in hopes of planting a little seed of hope and inspiration in your pretty little heads and hearts too!

Quotation: “May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.”

Blessings!!!

4 comments:

  1. I totally missed it. Thanks for the recap. Queen Latifa looks flawless! Have a great weekend.

    www.bagpoor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor forever! The best one, no doubt :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queen Latifah looks fantastic! And I adore the cute dress Ginnifer Goodwin is wearing. Lovely recap. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete