Your 30's are the perfect time to build a simple core wardrobe while also experimenting with trend-driven items. ~InStyle

Monday, December 7, 2009

What's your look?


Here are my top three favorite hairstyles that I myself usually tend to go with when getting all dressed up. Really, you can wear these (well 2 out of the three) on an everyday occasion but if we are being realistic, especially for those of us with little ones running around...or even older ones stealing our combs, hair product and other beauty needs (I confess that I am guilty of having done that to my mom) then these hairstyles usually end up being done when we have more TLC to give ourselves, along with time to get ready!



I love the loose waves look that Gisele and Amerie are both wearing. This is one of the styles that never disappoints, goes with absolutely any outfit and can be worn for any occasion. If you are wanting some extra hold, make sure to wash your hair the night before, use a good setting cream/gel/spray and don't be afraid to get some good sprays out of that hair spray. There is a great "how to" to create this look here:http://cupcakesandcashmere.com/how-to/ by Emily.


These are two different styles but they really do have the same look to them, so I paired them as one. The side pony, one I actually tend to wear quite often, is fabulous for a great day to day hairstyle too...easy, and quick too! The low asymmetrical bun is really just pinning those pieces from you ponytail around to create a little more elegant look..both are so pretty and easy. The side swept bang is one to always add some softness and class to your style too.








This style is more for the volume in the Mohawk section then the ponytail, though I like the pony too. This style is definitely not one for everyone, nor is everyone as fond of this style but I for one, love this style. It has a little edge with it, and it is something different then the side swept bang, or the flat sleek look...definitely a style that I like.






Here are a couple(seriously just a few of many) of my favorite short hair looks, for those of you that are not growing those longer locks.

Love this super short, sleek style....always wanted to have the guts to just go for it!





I have also always been a fan of the pixie. Stylish, relaxed, super easy, and actually has quite a bit of versatility with all the looks you can create with this short style.







Happy Monday to you all, and hope it has started off well. May you have a blessed week!


P.S.- Don't forget to check out my daily 'beauty tips of the day' located at the bottom of my page!


Ciao Lovelies!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love chapstick so I definitely agree with that beauty tip! My favorite hairstyle is the pixie, but I adore the wavy look as well!

    www.bagpoor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pixie look and want to do it soon!

    Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. You are a dear and I truly appreciate you.

    New follower here and you won't be able to rid yourself of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pixie is just one of those that really looks good on just about everyone and that's why I just adore it...can't agree you you first two more! And CC, I am lovin' Gisele's hair too...so want mine to do it!!!

    Summer, I am so glad that you read my comment and seriously know that I will be praying for you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete